Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen Dawson Stephen Dawson is offline

Default Electrical box sinker comments please

"Anna Kettle" wrote in message
Thanks for all your posts. What a wide variety of comments about the
box cutter ranging from 'The bees knees' to 'Useless'. I think that on
balance I wont get a box cutter but I do like Kevin's idea of using a
large core drill as I want to get one anyway to drill out for
extractor fans and so on

Reading the replies reminded me that I have not chiselled out
lightweight block before cos the last house was solidly built of
Victorian red bricks. I didnt have an SDS drill either in those days
so maybe the whole experience will be easier than I've been expecting

Stephen seems to be the only person with experience of using the wall
chaser - and as you're an electrician I expect you are speaking from
experience, so I'm tempted to put that one on my Christmas present
list

Anna

~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repair and conservation
/ ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
|____| www.kettlenet.co.uk 01359 230642

It would be a pretty big Xmas ask. here is a link for the one that I have,
and you would be better off hiring it from HSS or someone similar.

http://www.hss.com/g/8311/Diamond_Ch...ine_Bosch.html mine is a
hilti.

Just found a cheapie on screwfix part number 81200, buy some extra disc and
you should be fine.Be careful on this one though the cut depth is shallow
and if you are going to use flat plate metal fitting you will need 35mm deep
boxes.

Regards

Steve