Posted to misc.consumers.house
John A. Weeks III John A. Weeks III is offline

Default the roof is leaking in my new house, who's responsible? the inspector?

In article .com,
wrote:

Anyways, we got the roof repaired and there is no more leaking. Problem
solved!!

You may have stopped the leaking, but I am not so sure that the
problem is solved. That water had to go somewhere. It is very
possible that it went down between the walls. This could lead
to the insulation and/or wallboard being wet. No only would
that cause extra heat loss, it could harbor a big colony of
mold. I think you need to trace the path where the water
went, and have the walls opened up for inspection. If there
is indeed inside water damage, that needs to be fixed. A
mold problem could easily lead to serious health problems,
especially if you have children.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708

Newave Communications