Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Your opinion, please.

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 04:02:37 -0500, Bill in Detroit wrote:

I have come to own (I know not how) a Yankee push drill about 18" long
(I'm eyeballing it as it lays on my desk).

It is stamped:

Yankee No 130A
North Bros. Mfg. Co.
Phila, PA USA
Pat. Dec. 11 23
Made in United States
Of America

The handle is showing some wear and giving evidence of being (perhaps)
mahogany stain under varnish. Possibly actually mahogany.

It is in smooth working order but only has one bit, stamped:

Philips #2
Pat. 2046887

Is this worth anything in particular or is it simply dumpster food?

FWIW, a new 130B goes for about 75 bucks in the UK. The Yankee is pretty
much nonexistent in the US market these days but the Europeans like it
enough that the Germans are making a Yankee clone that takes 1/4" hex
shank bits.

--
X:\Newsreaders\sig.txt