Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller Toller is offline

Default answering my own question

"Toller" wrote in message
i ave a pair of kevlar gloves that are supposedly cut proof. i know you
cant use them on a table saw because if they catch...; but on a band saw
catching doesn't seem like it would be all that dangerous, it would just
jam in the throat plate. Anyone use them?

inspired by your replies, I tried it. Well, not quite; I took a piece of
spectra rope to the BS. Not exactly kevlar gloves, cut close.

It cut rather than snagged. I suspect it would have reduced the likelihood
of a serious accident by buying a split second to pull away. However, using
a block of wood instead of fingers would be 10x as safe.

I didn't want to try the TS, for I expect it will snag there and have God
only knows what consequences.

I had kevlar rope, but lent it to someone who didn't return it; damn.