Posted to rec.woodworking
Allen Roy Allen Roy is offline

Default kevlar gloves with a bandsaw?

It was a table saw as I remember seeing that episode. It was most of his
hand though that was injured and the guy was some big heart surgeon at the
hospital. They could only reattach one of his fingers and it was his pinky
if I remember right.

Did anyone see the episode of Americn Chopper where one of the employees was
wearing a pair of mechanics gloves and his hand got caught in the drill
press he was operating. Convinced me to never wear any type of glove while
using power tools

Allen

"Pete C." wrote in message
Toller wrote:

"Richard" wrote in message
ups.com...
My wife loves all the medical shows on TV. A recent one she saw
featured a surgeon who lost a finger while doing woodworking. Because
he was worried about getting cut, he wore "safety gloves". Because of
the gloves snagging and tangling on the blade, his hand was quickly
pulled into the machine and he suffered more damage than he would have
if he had been able to pull his hand free. He said using the gloves
proved to be a big mistake.

bs or ts? obviously a ts will be bad; i am not sure about a bs.

A knife blade is smooth and will slide along the kevlar glove. A TS or
BS blade has hooked teeth that will happily grab the strong kevlar
threads and yank them and your hand into the saw.

Pete C.