Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default AC to DC Converter

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 03:37:06 -0000, (Chris
Lewis) wrote:

According to
:
buy a large battery charger. I have one with 200 amp boost. My 200 amp
boost charger will start my van with a stone dead battery. cranking my
caravans engine at zero degrees a winch will be childs play

I seem to recall somewhere reading that 12V winches draw anywhere
from 50 to 200A. Boost chargers are rated for highly intermittent
operation, after which they have to cool down. A practically small
boost charger for 100-200A will only be able to deliver that for a
matter of seconds. For the cost of a boost charger capable of
running for longer than that, you can buy several spare car
batteries, and the batteries would weigh less.

Yes, get some batteries. Store them charged.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"All your western theologies, the whole mythology of them,
are based on the concept of God as a senile delinquent."
-- Tennessee Williams