Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default telephone wiring problem

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 10:23:03 -0500, Jud McCranie
wrote:

One more question: does it matter if the positive voltage goes to the
red or green wire in the jack? Can it go either way, or is there a
certain way it should go?

I checked my phone line where it comes into the house, and found
positive on green. I think that's the "right" way to do it.

Most electronic phones have internal rectifiers, so they don't care.
Some early tone phones do care. Do you have one of those?

I'd do it right, if possible. Someone might want to use one of those
old phones someday.

---
Replace you know what by j to email

1. I choose not to remind people of inappropriately replying by email.
This is not email.

2. The correct sig separator line is "-- ". Some newsreaders respond
properly to that.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"All your western theologies, the whole mythology of them,
are based on the concept of God as a senile delinquent."
-- Tennessee Williams