Posted to rec.woodworking
Locutus Locutus is offline

Default Mistakes or sloppy work

"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Nov 16, 8:43 pm, "J. Clarke" wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote:
On Nov 16, 6:57 pm, "J. Clarke" wrote:

So show us the "numerous times".

Okay, but this is the last time I'm doing your homework for you.
http://immigration.about.com/b/a/162521.htm
A dozen subcontractors were implicated, but Walmart was the one made to
pay the bulk of the penalty. Walmart was trying to push the
responsibility down on the subcontractors - it didn't fool the
government.

It's the same bust--you still haven't demonstrated "numerous times". One
bust is not "numerous times".

From that link I posted - you may have missed this part: "The

investigation evolved out of two prior immigration operations that
began in 1998 and 2001, respectively. These operations targeted
cleaning contractors that were hiring unauthorized workers from Eastern
Europe.
The follow-up investigation culminated on October 23, 2003, with a
series of immigration enforcement actions at some 60 Wal-Mart stores in
21 states. In these actions, ICE agents arrested approximately 245
illegal aliens employed by cleaning contractors and put these
individuals into deportation proceedings."

It was a sting operation where the feds descended on numerous stores..
There were numerous busts. I also am not sure how much more severe of
a situation it would need to be to satisfy you that it was egregious.
There were a dozen companies and the single largest fine in US history
for hiring illegal immigrants. If it were an isolated incident, and
not a pattern of abuse, there wouldn't have been such a large fine.

I think this is where you move on to say that it was the subcontractors
that hired the illegal immigrants.

I have a cleaning company that cleans my business. I have no idea if they
are illegal or not.