Posted to alt.home.repair
Terry Terry is offline

Default Screwdriver Recommendations

I was in a Sears in Cleveland Tenn. about 30 years ago. I had a 25 ft
tape with the tape broken. The clerk said that the tape was not
covered under the warranty.

I took the tape outside and threw it at the ground hard enough to break
the case. I took it back inside and handed it to the same clerk. He
swapped it for a new one without saying a thing about what happened.

I quit buying Craftsman when they came out with a Sears brand. They
would replace tin snips with the Sear's brand which did not have a
life time warranty.

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 08:25:58 -0500, wrote:

About 15 years ago I took a Phillips Craftsman back to Sears and got
into a shouting match with the clerk as he didn't think the chewed up
tip was bad enough to warrant exchange.