Simon Avery

Default Strange sink squidy stuff

"John Greenwood" wrote:

Hello John

JG| I have just bought a new sink and it comes with strips of
JG| putty like squidgy stuff. No instructions with sink though.
JG| I assume the squidgy stuff is for sealing the sink to the
JG| worktop. So what is the best way of doing this?

Lay the sink and draw round with pencil. Remove.

Lay squidgy so that it overlaps the marks.

Refit sink and clamp into position.

Trim *lightly* around sink with a stanley knife to remove excess
squidgy. (After fitting taps/waste, in case you shift it by being
heavy fisted)

Squidgy's held in place between sink and worktop and makes a very
effective seal. Important to clamp the sink tight, or too much squidgy
shows and it gets dirty and looks 'orrible.

--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK
uk.d-i-y FAQ: http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/