Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] YouDontNeedToKnow@Somewhere.edu is offline

Default Screwdriver Recommendations

wrote:

It's time I purchased a nice set of screwdrivers for the ol' workbench.
I frequently see large collections of 'em at Costco, but I'm wondering
whether I should go someplace like Sears or Home Depot and pick up a
quality set of a well-known brand? Is a screwdriver a screwdriver, or
are there superior products to be had?

Have a look at Lowe's Kobalt line. Good looking, feels right in the
hand, and guaranteed forever. Looks the same as the Autozone line
which is also guaranteed forever. Used to like Craftsman but they
haven't improved the design in 30 years and there are new technologies
such as soft-grip handles. Also liked Rigid but they stopped making
screwdrivers a year or so ago.