Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] YouDontNeedToKnow@Somewhere.edu is offline

Default How much juice does it use?

krw wrote:

In article 2ER6h.3349$%U.1841@trndny07, se
says...

"kevin" wrote in message
oups.com...
If it is marked "100 watt" (which is probably for the highest setting),
it uses one tenth of a KWH each hour. The medium setting is probably
half that, so maybe one twentieth of a KWH. Look on your electric bill
to find out how much each KWH costs -- probably around 5 to 10 cents.

5-10¢ per KWH? Where do you live? In NYC it's over 25¢ per KWH; plus tax

I certainly don't see anything in here that looks like $.25 per
KWH:

http://www.coned.com/documents/elec/...ment110106.pdf

I'm not the OP but I do live in NYC and buy my electricity from Con
Ed. My October bill was $102.13 for an energy consumption of 480 KWH.
That includes everything, taxes, adjustment factor etc. and works out
to $0.21 per KWH. If I had have consumed less than 258.3 KWH (!) my
rate would have been about 10% higher and of course if I had have
consumed only one KWH the cost per KWH would have been $11.78 g. I
suspect that the rate in the pdf file you quoted "Market Supply
Charge" is the actual cost of electricity not including the delivery
charge (or the delivery charge not including the cost of electricity).