Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default How much juice does it use?

krw wrote in
t:

In article , postmaster@
127.0.0.1 says...
krw wrote in
t:

In article 2ER6h.3349$%U.1841@trndny07, se
says...

"kevin" wrote in message
oups.com...
If it is marked "100 watt" (which is probably for the highest
setting), it uses one tenth of a KWH each hour. The medium
setting is probably half that, so maybe one twentieth of a KWH.
Look on your electric bill to find out how much each KWH costs
-- probably around 5 to 10 cents.

5-10¢ per KWH? Where do you live? In NYC it's over 25¢ per KWH;

plu
s tax

I certainly don't see anything in here that looks like $.25 per
KWH:

http://www.coned.com/documents/elec/...ment110106.pdf

Here in VT it's about $.12/kWH similar to NYC, from what I can
gather from the above link). I noticed the lowest in the US is KY
at $.044/kWH.

Well I'll be....

Where in VT? I lived in Colchester/Essex Jct/Westford over a couple
of decades.

Essex Jct. for at least a couple of more months.

House here is rebuilt and up for sale. Will be going to Williston. Just
in time for Feb. Haven't seen snow and the coldest I've seen in past 3
yrs is 15...once. They had red warning bars on TV from the NWS about the
deathly bitter cold. Heck, back there it's a party because the rock salt
starts working when it gets up to 15! I think I have a little
re-acclimation to do:-(