alexbartman alexbartman is offline
Member

John[/i][/color][/i][/color]

I just installed a Grundfos 15/90 Home
Booster pump on system that sounds
remarkably like yours. The difference
is immesurable to be honest - and was
doddle to fit under the kitchen sink. Its almost
silent and turns on only when required.
I looked for ages on ebay and finally picked
up a brand new one for £20 - I think the retail price is
c £100.

I can't believe this. Another one!!! One pump on one tap. You get your
Association application form soon.

But it will save hours and hours of fitting a new run.

All he has to do is fit the right taps, circa £50.

I'm sure this is not the most
professional way to do it

You bet your boots it is not.[/quote]

Well I'm not a regular contributor - but regular browser of this forum and its kind of hard to follow all the inane "banter" however - the main point is that
a) it would be more "efficient" for the OP to install a high pressure System
b) failing this, totally re-run the pipework from the cylinder and use a frankly grotesque tap from the screwfic catalogue last seen in a school kitchen c.1978

The truth is that fancy-schmantzy taps that look good in a nice modern kitchen generally are designed for high pressure systems only. From the Sheds to fleabay they;re all the same mass prioduced continental crap - I had to take back three taps to B&Q as they leaked very very slightly causing it to drip - v annoying.
I sense the OP like me did not want to rip out his entire central heating system in order to install a tap and was probably unwilling to use a nasty looking one "designed" for gravity fed systems. The pump - as it happens with a total cost £20 is a pretty good half-way house. The pressure is much better (not perfect of course) and now my nice tap that looks nice on my nice sink in my nice kitchen works.
I thought this was a DIY forum - and should therefore give people practical advice to questions that are perplexing them - there are many solutions to the OPs original dilemma - it would seem that most of the suggestions are perfectly valid (including my own I think) and the OP can choose which route to follow according to how much time and effort he is perpared to put into the solution. BTW having one pump on one tap - I dont know what the difference is between this and having a single pump on a single shower which I have too and cant believe is particularly uncommon??