Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Water sensor

On 16 Nov 2006 13:37:32 -0800, "buffalobill"
wrote:

there is a $10 audible water alarm at home depot with also low battery
alert, it uses 2 contacts and a 9v battery.

Actually the one I got 10 or 20 years ago requires one to move a
switch to "test" to test the battery. They didn't have cheap
low-battery alerts in those days. Even fancy things barely had them.
(Maybe really fancy things had them, like thousand dollar video
cameras. Electronic stuff quickly gets cheaper.)

Platebanger wrote:
Hi Folks, I would like to put a water sensor in a dry well that would
indicate if there's water in the well. There would be either an audio or
visual warning light or sound. Does anyone know of any products available?

Thanks
Dick