Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Screwdriver Recommendations

wrote:

It's time I purchased a nice set of screwdrivers for the ol' workbench.
I frequently see large collections of 'em at Costco, but I'm wondering
whether I should go someplace like Sears or Home Depot and pick up a
quality set of a well-known brand? Is a screwdriver a screwdriver, or
are there superior products to be had?

-Fleemo

If you were the type of tool user who would see a difference between a
decent screwdriver and a really good screwdriver you wouldn't be asking
here, you'd be out buying the Klein, Snap-On, etc. screwdrivers.

Since you are asking, you will most likely be well served by the $30 or
so Craftsman screwdriver set at Sears. With the lifetime warranty any
you manage to mangle will be replaced. I use mostly Craftsman
screwdrivers myself, can be pretty hard on them and still rarely need to
have one replaced.

Pete C.