Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Mistakes or sloppy work

On Nov 16, 6:57 pm, "J. Clarke" wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote...
RayV wrote:
bf wrote:

Walmart has also been busted numerous times for paying below minimum
wage to illegal aliens.

Have a source for that statement?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/walmart/transform/emplo...That's busted once and according to that source most of the "illegal aliens"

were in the employ of third-party contractors.

So show us the "numerous times".

Okay, but this is the last time I'm doing your homework for you.
http://immigration.about.com/b/a/162521.htm
A dozen subcontractors were implicated, but Walmart was the one made to
pay the bulk of the penalty. Walmart was trying to push the
responsibility down on the subcontractors - it didn't fool the
government.

Some of Walmart's practices are just plain sketchy. It's not good
business, and it's certainly not what people would consider "the
American Way".

From one article:

"One of the class representatives in the New York lawsuit, Maria Gamble
of Suffolk County, New York, claims that while she worked at Wal-Mart
as a customer service manager, Wal-Mart supervisors locked her in the
store with her co-employees after the store closed when all employees
were "off-the-clock." Ms. Gamble described her experiences at Wal-Mart:Locking someone in a store would be a violation of Section 135.05 of the

Laws of New York (unlawful imprisonment), and depending on the class of
occupancy would probably be a violation of Section 27-371 of the NYC
Administrative Code as well. Since egress in case of fire was prevented
that might also elevate the offense to Unlawful Imprisonment in the First
Degree, which is a Class E felony that could have the manager in the slammer
for four years.

Personally if my boss locked me in a store with no way out I'd call the cops
and if I had no way of doing that I'd pull the fire alarm and explain the
problem to the fire chief after he got through busting the door down.

Before or after beating the crap out of the boss?