Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Mistakes or sloppy work

On Nov 16, 5:36 pm, "Locutus" wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in ooglegroups.com...

and still damn profitable. That's the American way.

Since you are not an American, it doesn't surprise me that you don't know
jack about the American way.

LOL! Good one! I'm always fascinated by assumptions that lead to
wrong conclusions. Which assumption of yours led you astray and why
did you make that assumption in the first place?

Capitalism is the American way, and Wal-mart is a shining example of that.
The good part about the American way is that others have the opportunity to
compete with Wal-Mart, if no one is currently capable of doing that, that
isn't Wal-mart's fault.

What does competing with Walmart have to do with Walmart hiring illegal
immigrants, locking employees in stores, not paying overtime, sexual
discrimination, etc.? Which of your relatives would you want some of
those things to happen to? Are you saying that those shady practices
are what gives Walmart the edge? Give me an edge and you can go screw
yourself? Is that how you believe capitalism is supposed to work?

BTW, we're not in a capitalist society. Them there are buzz words that
people like to hang on to. Our economy has capitalistic tendencies.
We're actually in a mixed economy where the government regulates a
large portion of it. It is not a free market and it is not a
capitalist economy. Turn of the 20th century America was far closer to
a capitalist economy. That was the era of robber barons, market
manipulation and monopolistic trusts. As, those were the days, eh?