Posted to rec.woodworking
Locutus Locutus is offline

Default Mistakes or sloppy work

"bf" wrote in message
oups.com...

Locutus wrote:

Again, nobody makes them work there. Nobody "forces" them to work off the
clock (though I'm sure that is an isolated instance... no company has
perfect managers)

As Sonoma said, Walmart provides jobs, it's up to the job marketplace to
determine how well those jobs pay. When the demand goes up for that
valuable
unskilled labor, I am sure we will see a raise in pay.

Walmart has also been busted numerous times for paying below minimum
wage to illegal aliens.

Source?

They've also cost a lot of Americans jobs by
encouraging/helping/forcing manufacturers to move overseas.

Those jobs are replaced by other, higher paying jobs. Such as transport,
importation, sales, and distribution. Also, the products are cheaper,
allowing your US dollar to buy more than it otherwise could.

State Governments have to pay a lot of money in health care benefits to
those walmart workers that don't have insurance.. that's your and my
money.

So are you suggesting that companies be required to provide full medical
benefits for all employees? Or just Walmart?

Because that certainly would cost us anything would it? $5 roll of toilet
paper anyone?

Sure, nobody forces anyone to work at Walmart, but Walmart is certainly
not a model coorporate citizen. In the end, I'm not sure it's helped
America (other than the Waltons) that Walmart has grown so big.

This is America, that Wal-Mart may only be helping the Waltons is not a bad
thing. (not that it is true).