Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Weil Larry Weil is offline

Default kitchen circuits 15 amp vs 20 amp outlets

In article ,
"Joseph Meehan" wrote:

Personally I would replace them with 20amp outlets, good ones, not the
37˘ contractor specials. Use the screw clamp terminals not the stab
connects. I am really fuzzy about it, but as I recall it is OK to use the
15amp outlets, but I just would not do it so I am not really sure.

Iıve seen, and have, the 20 amp outlets that are meant to accommodate a
20 amp plug. But, I have never seen or known of any appliance, perhaps
with the exception of an air conditioner, that uses this plug. So why
are these outlets needed in the kitchen?

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH