Posted to alt.home.repair
Seth Goodman Seth Goodman is offline

Default kitchen circuits 15 amp vs 20 amp outlets

In article , on Thu, 16 Nov
2006 11:04:31 -0500, Goedjn wrote:

Just for clarification, you're asserting that any receptacle
that is in a kitchen, reguardless of where in the kitchen it is,
is therefore a small-appliance branch circut? (and thus
must be 20 Amps, GFCI protected, and not connected to anything
else?) (and excepting individual receptacles dedicated to single
fixed devices, like a freezer, refer, or stove?)

Sounds like a trick question - all I was asserting was that you can't
put a lighting fixture on the same circuit as a refrigerator.

Your generalization may be true, but I'll leave the proof as an exercise
for the reader. ;-)

--
Seth Goodman