Posted to alt.home.repair
aspasia aspasia is offline

Default How much juice does it use?

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 22:49:05 -0600, Al Bundy
wrote:

"Marilyn & Bob" wrote in

"kevin" wrote in message
oups.com...
If it is marked "100 watt" (which is probably for the highest
setting), it uses one tenth of a KWH each hour. The medium setting is
probably half that, so maybe one twentieth of a KWH. Look on your
electric bill to find out how much each KWH costs -- probably around
5 to 10 cents.

5-10¢ per KWH? Where do you live? In NYC it's over 25¢ per KWH; plus
tax

NC: 8.5 - 9cents

So. Calif has a low income rate of 11.8 cents/KWH. Regular would be
20% more. *

I also learned something that may be of interest to others.

When elec co. heard that I was using paraffin bath for accident
injuries (recommended by therapist) they said there is a "medical
baseline" rate which gives extra advantage. Have to make out an app.
& have doctor sign.

I'd much rather NOT have the injuries and not have the paraffin bath!

But, as I said above, this may be of interest to others who are using
an appliance for medical reasons and don't know -- as I did not know
-- that there can be a special "baseline" in such cases.

*(Utilities have always been high in So.Calif. But special thanks must
go to Bush's Enron and other energy crook friends who were caught on
tape joking about shafting "Grandma Millie"" during the artificial
energy crisis in Calif a few years ago that was engineered right out
of the White House for the benefit of its great friends and
contributors. Suddenly plants were taken off line for "maintenance"
-- hmmm...what a coincidence. Law of supply and demand kicks in.
Also anybody can check out the precipitous drop in natural gas rates
when El Paso's monopoly ended.)