Gunner

Default Please limit topics to metalworking

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 17:52:36 GMT, Abrasha wrote:

Harold & Susan Vordos wrote:

"Dave Beyerl" wrote in message
I am a hobbyist and part time tradesperson who reads
rec.crafts.metalworking (RCM) to gain insights into metal
working techniques, tool reviews and other metal working,
with the exception of welding (I separately subscribe to
the joining/welding groups), related matters,

I used to find RCM a good source for such information.
However, over the last few or more months, RCM has become
nothing less than a board for anyone to post anything, related
or not, to metalworking. The number of OT posts has reached
spam proportions and my KILL file far exceeds the number of
daily posts to this group.

There are literally thousands of news groups available
where the majority of these OT posts appropriately belong, e.g.
politics, computers, terrorism, etc. I would like to ask those
who think this group is the only one to post in to please
consider that others may not want to read or even see articles
that are not related to metalworking. Your lack of
consideration is driving away those who have a serious interest
in metalworking and may just have an answer to a difficult
problem being posed but don't read RCM because of all the OT
noise.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I've found that the regulars on RCM
tend to see the other readers as family, with RCM the medium that allows
them to "see" one another when possible.

What? Gunner and I are family now? :-) Perish the thought will you?

All kidding aside, I think you are right. Newsgroups after a while tend to
become like the local bar you used to hang out in, where you were a regular and
all the regulars know you. We talked about anything and everything, and
everyone went home drunk and friends. Never a fist fight.

But family?!? With Gunner?!?

Of course. You are the dranged cousin we keep chained in the basement

OH BTW, isn't this topic itself off topic?

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

"This device is provided without warranty of any kind as to reliability,
accuracy, existence or otherwise or fitness for any particular purpose
and Bioalchemic Products specifically does not warrant, guarantee,
imply or make any representations as to its merchantability for any
particular purpose and furthermore shall have no liability for or
responsibility to you or any other person, entity or deity with respect
to any loss or damage whatsoever caused by this device or object or by
any attempts to destroy it by hammering it against a wall or dropping it
into a deep well or any other means whatsoever and moreover asserts
that you indicate your acceptance of this agreement or any other
agreement that may he substituted at any time by coming within
five miles of the product or observing it through large telescopes or
by any other means because you are such an easily cowed moron
who will happily accept arrogant and unilateral conditions on a piece
of highly priced garbage that you would not dream of accepting on a
bag of dog biscuits and is used solely at your own risk.'