Posted to uk.d-i-y
mike mike is offline

Default Dead simple plumbing/hot water question

EricP wrote in
:

Presumably the feed tank is in the roof? You could look at raising
this. Even a few feet might make a difference in the pressure
available.

I agree with your critiscisms of the system, but I tried raising the CW
tank, a few feet was all I could gain and it made buggerall differenceand
was a lot of work.

I found the answer was to fit a pump, but to get the benefit you have to
improve the feed to the cylinder; at least 22mm, few corners, preferably
bends, full bore ball valve.

Then as the pipework after the HW cylinder seems equally horrible, upgrade
to 15 mm all the way to the tap; hopefully your tap will have 10mm tails,
not 6mm - that will help.

mike