Posted to alt.home.repair
readandpostrosie readandpostrosie is offline

Default crawl space moisture

have you tried a fan, to keep the air moving?

--

IF you are still republican................
http://www.petitiononline.com/mmflint/petition.html

"klaudon" wrote in message
oups.com...
Mark, thanks for responding. It has an earth floor in the crawl space
portion (about 600 square feet) of the 700 square foot home. I would
install a barrier but there is almost no room to work with only 16
inches height in crawl space with plumbing and duct work in the way on
top of it.

Mark wrote:
wrote:
hi, I have excess moisture in my old house (~ 1930s) crawl space. It
has a very small cellar and the rest is a crawl space that is only
about 16 inches and includes plenty of barriers such as ducts and
plumbing, and has only 2 vents. It seems that it would be good to
place a vapor barrier and possibly close vents and possibly add a
dehumidifier BUT due to the low crawl space it would be somewhere
between extremely difficult to impossible to install a vapor barrier.
Any suggestions? Thanks!

it has exposed earth for a floor?

if so you need a vapor barrier...

Mark