Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] cselby@mts.net is offline

Default Mistakes or sloppy work

I was at Walmart the other day getting a tire repaired. As I wandered
around the store, I came up the 'furniture' aisle and saw an
unfinished spruce/pine chest. It was crudely made of rough milled
(read construction wood) and warped 1x4, rough cut ends, badly fitted
and nailed together with a pallet nail gun. Only 49$. This thing
makes Ikea knock down furniture look like heirloom craftmanship.

Puts a whole new perspective on things. The next time I beat myself
up for the flaws I see in my finished stuff I'll go wandering through
Walmart.

I got to get out more.

Pete