Posted to rec.woodworking
Gus Gus is offline

Default Table Saw Recommendations

On Nov 15, 7:49 am, wrote:
I am considering purchasing either the Ryobi BT3100 or the Delta
Shopmaster TS300. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Both of
these are 15 A machines and I am assuming that they will therefore be
fine on a dedicated 15A line.

Do yourself a favor.

Forget all the anti-Sears bias on this newsgroup.

Go to Sears and look closely at the 22104, 22114 and 22124 hybrid saws.
I've had one for the past 2-3 yrs. Best money I ever spent.

Plus, you can often catch them on sale.

AAMOF, I bought my 22114 for about $425 after discounts, coupons, etc.

Try he

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...BV Cookie=Yes

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...cat=Table+Saws

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...cat=Table+Saws

Yeah, yeah - the links are a bit long. I didn't feel like shortening
them.

Seriously, these saws are VERY good. They are made by Orion, which, as
I understand, is composed of ex-Delta employees. Unisaw throat plates
and accessories fit just fine.

Even the stock fence is good - the micro-adjuster is pretty much
worthless, but not needed anyway.

I have no connection with Sears, just a happy owner.

Good Luck