Posted to uk.d-i-y
Staffbull Staffbull is offline

Default Electrical box sinker comments please

Anna Kettle wrote:
I'm wondering about buying an electrical box sinker (eg Screwfix
91308) Do they make creating a hole in blockwork for a socket much
simpler or are they a gimmick? In my experience the sides of a hole
are easy enough to make but getting a reasonably flat back to the hole
is the tricky bit.

If I do get one then as I only have about 30 holes to make I'm
planning to buy a single box sinker and just use it twice to sink the
double holes for sockets etc. Will that be successful?

Another gadget I've spotted is a wallchaser (Screwfix 11900) which I
imagine (hope) is a lot less messy than an angle grinder. Is it?

Anna
~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repair and conservation
/ ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
|____| www.kettlenet.co.uk 01359 230642

I got one of these kits,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Square-Hole-Cu...QQcmdZViewItem

Worked a treat in block and not too bad in red brick either, youre not
supposed to use them in red brick. If you are using them in hollow
block (gp1's) then youll have a hard time getting a flat recess as the
block will "blow out" into the hollow. I just stuck em in place with
adhesive.