Posted to uk.d-i-y
Anna Kettle Anna Kettle is offline

Default Electrical box sinker comments please

I'm wondering about buying an electrical box sinker (eg Screwfix
91308) Do they make creating a hole in blockwork for a socket much
simpler or are they a gimmick? In my experience the sides of a hole
are easy enough to make but getting a reasonably flat back to the hole
is the tricky bit.

If I do get one then as I only have about 30 holes to make I'm
planning to buy a single box sinker and just use it twice to sink the
double holes for sockets etc. Will that be successful?

Another gadget I've spotted is a wallchaser (Screwfix 11900) which I
imagine (hope) is a lot less messy than an angle grinder. Is it?

Anna
~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repair and conservation
/ ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
|____| www.kettlenet.co.uk 01359 230642