alexbartman alexbartman is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Law
Hi all

The hot water pressure in our kitchen is awful: we have to wait maybe 90
secs for the really hot water to come through from the tank upstairs.
On the other hand, it takes a few seconds only for the water to come to
the upstairs basin.

So far, so fairly bleeding obvious. (Additionally: the kitchen tap is
one of those fancy pull lever up and swing left or right for hot or
cold, on a long flexible pipe so you can hose the dishes, and with a
press-button spray system; and goodness knows (I've forgotten) what
convolutions the feed pipe goes through on its way from upstairs to
down.)

My question: what would The Panel suggest, as a means of improving
reaction time downstairs? Get rid of the fancy tap? Look at and
improve the route? or could I perhaps replace the standard 15mm pipe
with 22mm pipe?

I'll be grateful for any suggestions -- [for those who saw the thread: I
am no Jackie].

John
I just installed a Grundfos 15/90 Home Booster pump on system that sounds remarkably like yours. The difference is immesurable to be honest - and was doddle to fit under the kitchen sink. Its almost silent and turns on only when required. I looked for ages on ebay and finally picked up a brand new one for £20 - I think the retail price is c £100.
But it will save hours and hours of fitting a new run. I'm sure this is not the most professional way to do it but it has sloved the problem for me and now my (ceramic valve) tap belts out HW at a very acceptable level. Before the pump I could nopt even get warm water as the mains pressure CW was outweighing the HW...I'm certain that a simlar result could have been possible by running a less complicated run to the kitchen sink but I really couldnt be bothered to pull up all the upstairs carpet and redocoarte the kitchen as the run is behind a false panel in the kitchen to hide them