Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom Horne, Electrician Tom Horne, Electrician is offline

Default kitchen circuits 15 amp vs 20 amp outlets

RBM wrote:
The NEC prohibits installing lights on kitchen outlet circuits, other than
ones plugged into the outlets

"Nick Hull" wrote in message
.. .
In article .com,
"Sev" wrote:

If for fridge or dishwasher, dedicated 20A.

For fridge and other essentials, I prefer to put an often used light on
the same circuit so I will be aware when the breaker trips before the
frozen food thaws.

--
Free men own guns - www.geocities/CapitolHill/5357/

The code only prohibits having lighting outlets on the counter top
receptacle circuits and although it permits the refrigerator to be
supplied from such a circuit it does not require that. So a receptacle
placed behind a refrigerator so as to be inaccessible for counter top
use could be supplied from a lighting circuit.
--
Tom Horne

for general use." Thomas Alva Edison