Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Default How to make, where to buy, order 5 kHz, 10 kHz, 15 kHzcrystal/ceramic resonators

Eeyore wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

In reality TV crystals are no cheaper than other popular frequencies.

I've normally used 4, 8, 12 and 16 MHz for my microcontoller designs and there
have been no problems either sourcing them or with the price.

Graham

If you only need one or two, you can usually pull a crystal or two
from a jun TV set for free. I probably have 100 on hand from dead TV
sets.

I don't build stuff with salvaged parts though.

Graham

I will use them for prototypes, or to repair my personal equipment.
The failure rate on crystals is so low that it doesn't make sense to buy
a new part, when I have something on hand that is likely to outlast the
equipment.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell