Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker LT Steve Barker LT is offline

Default kitchen circuits 15 amp vs 20 amp outlets

Here's all I could find . from the 2000 IRC

E3603.2 Kitchen and dining area receptacles.A minimum of

two 20-ampere-rated branch circuits shall be provided to serve

receptacles located in the kitchen, pantry, breakfast area and

dining area. The kitchen countertop receptacles shall be served

by a minimum of two 20-ampere-rated branch circuits, either

or both of which shall also be permitted to supply other receptacle

outlets in the kitchen, pantry, breakfast area and dining area.

--
Steve Barker
Paola, KS

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
et...
In article , "RBM" rbm2(remove
wrote:
The NEC prohibits installing lights on kitchen outlet circuits, other than
ones plugged into the outlets

I don't think that's correct -- do you have a Code cite for it? I see
where
the Code prohibits other *outlets* on those circuits (e.g. in other
rooms),
but I don't see a prohibition against lighting.

--
Regards,