Posted to alt.home.repair
J.A. Michel J.A. Michel is offline

Default Putting NM cable underground in conduit

Why not dump the NM cable and conduit and go with UF cable and direct
burial?
I just ran one 15A circuit out to my backyard shed, and that's what I did,

wrote in message
Just wondering if it is legal to the code to put NM romex cable
underground when it's inside of plastic conduit. I was going to run
individual strands of wire but found it was cheaper to use the ronex
and just shove the romex thru which eliminates several connections
too. I know it will physically work, but I am not sure what the code
says. The conduit is glued and brought above the ground level so it
wont fill with water. This is 12-3 w/gnd NM feeding a shed with two
120V 20A circuits

Mark