Posted to rec.woodworking
Allen Roy Allen Roy is offline

Default UPS does it again (or fails to do it)

"Brent Beal" wrote in message

"bf" wrote in message
oups.com...

for. They
told me to call the hospital. I said "If you don't have a copy of the
bill to send me, then YOU call the hospital".. Never heard from either
of them since. I still don't know if it was a legit bill or not, but
I'm not going to send anyone money without an explanation.

Did you happen to check your credit after that?

I would advise the same.

My wife and I had to have a sewer company come out on a Sunday one weekend
to fix a backed up sewer line. The person that answered the phone said that
the charge for emergencies was $200/hr plus a $75 trip charge. We had no
choice and they showed up and in 20 minutes they had the line unclogged. We
were expecting a bill for $200+. When we got it it was for $475. The person
that answered the phone neglected to tell us that there was a 2 hour minimum
charge. We got nowhere with the company and I paid what I thought was
reasonable ($225). They sent us to collections and when the collector called
I explained the story to him. The next week was the same story, new
collector, explanation, and then nothing. Well I thought it was over and 8
months later I was trying to get a car loan and low and behold they had
turned it over to the credit bureau as Non-Payment.

I finally was victorious as they took me to court and I won. They had to
remove it from my credit but it took almost 18 months.

Allen