Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikey S. Mikey  S. is offline

Default kitchen circuits 15 amp vs 20 amp outlets

A DUPLEX outlet ( the standard type) is 2 outlets, not one, and thus a 15
amp duplex can actually be used alone on a 20 amp circuit, though in a
kitchen the more outlets the better so you might as well have more. When I
did my kitchen I used the 20 amp ones though to be honest I have never even
seen a 20 amp kitchen appliance, I just thought they 'might' be made a
little heavier duty than a 15 amp ones..probably wishful thinking but the
price difference wasn't much.

--

Mike S.

"Toller" wrote in message

15a outlets are fine, unless there is just one outlet on the circuit; then
it has to be 20a.
Only reason to have a 20a outlet is to fit a 20a plug.