Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Dead simple plumbing/hot water question

On 2006-11-15 19:45:53 +0000, "Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)"
said:

John Law wrote:

My question: what would The Panel suggest, as a means of improving
reaction time downstairs? Get rid of the fancy tap? Look at and
improve the route? or could I perhaps replace the standard 15mm pipe
with 22mm pipe?

If it were me.... and depending on other things like... well like what
else ran of the same (long) feed I night be inclined to look at going
down to a smaller bore than 15mm perhaps 10mm ?
All I ever seem to use our hot tap in the kitchen for is washing my
hands and anything I actually need hot water for would well be served
by a smaller pipe. After all, the last 12" of feed to our tap is small
bore .

Of course this is only an idea to bounce around the group, but I'd
certainly consider it as hot water would get to the pipe much quicker.
Also less _cold_ pipe to heat on route to the tap.

Pete

It would be reasonable from the perspective of a smaller volume of
water. Unfortunately there would also be a large reduction in flow
volume. It would probably be OK for hand washing but for dishes and
with a sprayer about as exciting as Brussels on a November Monday
morning.