Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Friesen Chris Friesen is offline

Default Low Temp Thermostat?

James "Cubby" Culbertson wrote:

I just purchased a unit heater for my garage. I plan to have gas lines run
sometime in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, I'm trying to find
a thermostat. It just needs a standard 24V thermostat but I'm having a
hard time finding one that has a temperature range that dips down into the
30's.

Take the old-school analog thermostat, mount it with a single screw, and
tilt the whole body to get down to the temp you want. Calibrate with a
thermometer.

My current garage is done this way...there are tick marks on the wall
for 1, 2, and 4 degrees C.

Chris