Posted to misc.consumers.house
krw krw is offline

Default Cheap (free?) floor plan software?

In article ,
says...
We want to do something with the basement, but the immovable fixtures
and existing framed-in spaces make it difficult to visualize
anything.

Any suggestions for simple software which allows placement of the
fixed walls and utilities and then for moving around all the other
stuff we want to try?

I use A9CAD. It's a little difficult to use, but I liked the
price. ;-)

I laid out my bathroom tile job with the room outline, floor
joists, subflooring, backer, and tile all on different levels. I
could make sure things were lined up where I wanted them (e.g.
backer seams over joists) and not where I didn't (e.g. backer seams
over subfloor seams). Then it was an easy matter to figure out the
best place to start the tile. My first thought would have looked
really dumb. ;-)

I've seen references to products that work on a paper grid with paper
or plastic cutouts, but haven't been able to lay my hands on such a
thing. Anybody know what they're called or where to find them?

Make 'em out of graph paper. I like CAD for this though. I can
add a lot more detail then only show what I need to see.

--
Keith