Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill buffalobill is offline

Default electrical questions

calculating the cost of the electrician rate and materials can best be
done locally. perhaps you can consult your local electrical supply
wholesaler or building permit office for best information on this after
you consult the power company to have them look at your service meter,
entrance cables, and panels.
faq:
http://www.landfield.com/faqs/electrical-wiring/part1/

wrote:
Hi
I work as a manager in a 14 condo project in mexico.
It is REALLY hard to get good maintenance down here so i guess this is
the first of may inquiries...
we have wired the whole place with a cable number 8 and were now told
that we need to change the cable in the whole building!! that is a very
big expenss.
I was wondering if anyone can help me calculate how big a charge can a
cable take? and for how long?
I figure that is the only way to find out if im being fooled or not!
thank you