Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default CONTRACTORS: Do they target women or...will people ever learn to ignore the trolls?

Malcolm Hoar wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote:
Malcolm Hoar wrote:

Yes, but the fact is, the industry *does* have a problem.

I see. You're differentiating, stereotyping, based on industry instead
of race or creed. Most enlightened of you.

Ummm, yes, that is exactly what I'm saying. Sorry if it
offends you. But, like most other people (ooops, more
shocking stereotyping) I take a different approach to
buying say:

* A loaf of bread
* A new roof
* A used automobile
* A laptop computer
* A mortgage
* An attorney to defend me against frivolous charges of
industrial stereotyping.

Exactly! In other words you _learn_! You don't base your behavior on
some preconceived notion. You tailor your behavior to fit the
situation. If the OP could only take your cue. Instead of spewing
about what the other people do wrong, and maybe focusing a bit on what
_they're_ doing wrong, I bet you that they'd learn too! Wouldn't that
be great?

Next time you're in the market for one of those things you listed, try
coping a major attitude when dealing with the person on the other side.
Let me know how the transaction turns out.*

I knew you only stereotyped because the cool kids are doing it.

* If you're insane enough to take that challenge, whatever you do,
DON'T eat the bread!