Posted to rec.woodworking
John John is offline

Default UPS does it again (or fails to do it)

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 19:52:38 -0500, "J. Clarke" wrote:

Ordered some sanding belts from Klingspor. According to UPS they were
delivered today. I don't know where to because it wasn't _here_. So called
the 800 number. It's now computerized and no way to report a failed
delivery. So tried the Web site, for which I had to sign up, log in, and
give them an email address, after which they tell me that I can't report a
lost package.

Hey, OSAMA. UPS!!!!

If UPS won't let you talk to any of their "customer service" people then, based
on my experience, they're doing you a favor. The couple that I've ever dealt
with brought a whole new meaning to the word "incompetent."

Best thing to do, IME, is to call the vendor, tell them what happened, and let
them deal with UPS. In the couple cases that it's happened to me, (one was
Rockler, I forget the other) they've just re-shipped the order and presumably
battled it out with UPS later.

To reply by e-mail, use jcarlson631 at yahoo dot com

John