Posted to rec.woodworking
John Cochran John Cochran is offline

Default Jointer Trouble

In article .com,
wrote:
Hello helpful woodworkers. I seem to be confusing a few posters so
I'll try to reclarify the board directions. Before I do, let me state
I am not trying to square four sides of a board on a jointer alone. I
realized how difficult that was when I first bought the machine and
fixed the issue by purchasing a decent planer. Also, I have nothing
against gagetry (particularly gauges). I am quite a supporter of
guages for setting machines better than fingers or eyes can.

SNIP....

If I understand what you're describing, I can see two possible causes.

1. The knives are not even with the outfeed table with the end closest to
the operator being higher than the end closest to the fence.

or

2. The infeed and outfeed tables are not parallel to each other. The
infeed table being lower on the edge closest to the operator and the
higher on the edge closest to the fence.