Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson Andrew Mawson is offline

Default Chair mats

Several years ago I bought some 'chair mats' - plastic thingies that
sit on a carpet and protect the carpet from the wheels of office
chairs. I had two of them for my home office. Nasty spikey things that
scratch you until embedded in a carpet. Got them from Viking and they
were sold as 'lifetime guarantee - will not crack". Eighteen months
later they had both developed cracks, but good to their word Viking
replaced them FOC. A further 18 months down the line the new ones
also cracked and again they replaced them. A couple of days ago,
realising that again they had cracked and irritated by even more email
spam from Viking I was reminded to ring them up and get some more.
First call was totally unhelpful and eventually manged to lose me in
their telephone system. Second call elicited the response that
'lifetime guarantee' was limited to five years !!! Assuring the girl
that I intended to live for much more than a further five years I
finally got the promise of a call back from a manager who eventually
agreed to replace them foc.

So, am I being totally anal in holding them to their original
'lifetime guarantee' which I interpret as MY lifetime ?

AWEM