Posted to misc.consumers.house
Rich Greenberg Rich Greenberg is offline

Default Cheap (free?) floor plan software?

In article ,
Bert Hyman wrote:

[...]

I've seen references to products that work on a paper grid with paper
or plastic cutouts, but haven't been able to lay my hands on such a
thing. Anybody know what they're called or where to find them?

Get some graph paper with 1/4 inch squares in the largest size sheet you
can locate and using 1 square = 1 foot (or if the basement is small
enough or the sheet is large enough 2 or 4 squares = 1 foot) lay out
first the walls and doors, then add the fixed fixtures. This is your
base. Then take more of the graph paper and cut out scale sized pieces
to represent the items that will be movable. Color them in several
colors and start playing. Take photos of the various combinations and
see what you like best.

--
Rich Greenberg N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 239 543 1353
Canines:Val, Red, Shasta & Casey (RIP), Red & Zero, Siberians Owner:Chinook-L