Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Solar panels-practical???

wrote in message
Than you have to keep the panels clean so they can use what sunlight
falls upon them. Many homeowners don't like washing windows so I doubt
you will see many on there roofs washing the solar panels.
In A Popular Science I read recently there was A wind generator for
the home. It cost around 20K installed as I remember. It seems A more
viable alternative than solar panels in the generation of electricity
and at least you don't have to clean it!

There are good places for solar. And good places for wind. It depends
on the local climate.

Bob