jim rozen

Default Please limit topics to metalworking

In article , Harold & Susan Vordos says...

For the most part, those that post have been kind enough to suggest when
they are off topic, and it doesn't take much effort to overlook such posts.
I'm sure you've done your best to be patient with us, but you might try
reading some of the subjects you feel are not worthy of posting. You could
be pleasantly surprised with the things you might learn, assuming you can
find the time to do so. If not, I'm of the opinion that your objective is
hopeless in requesting posts be restricted to on topic subjects. For one,
there's not all that much for the majority of us to discuss, and I'm not
convinced many of us are ready to abandon something that brings us great
pleasure if we did. Give us a shot. You might enjoy being a part of the
family.

That's just about the smoothest way of getting the point across. You
did forget to add in one thing however - that compared to the rest of
usenet, rcm has a very low rate of off topic stuff and the off topic
stuff has a way of migrating back on topic after a while. Granted
there are *some* ngs with a higher S/N but if one were to average over
all of usnet this one is probably in the top ten percent.

Jim

please reply to: