Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Maris Maris is offline

Default Replacement windows in breach of conservation area rules

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 13:01:09 GMT, Stuart Noble
wrote:

I've got pvc at the back and lovingly restored originals at the front
which seems a reasonable compromise to me.

Snap, that's exactly what I am planning to do. The windows on the
front elevation will be lovingly restored to contribute to the
streetscape whilst I shall rip out the ghastly louvre windows that
have been inserted in the back elevation and replace them with the
salvaged plastic windows from the front. Since the plastic windows
will be more airtight (I'm not denying that) it will cut down down on
through draughts here at the edge of Victoria Park. As you say, a
reasonable compromise.

Maris