Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Maris Maris is offline

Default Replacement windows in breach of conservation area rules

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 17:02:47 -0000, "Aaron Borbora"
wrote:

But the owner may not think it is as ridiculous as you. For the record, I
agree with you that in many cases plastic does look awful, but appriciate
that (a) it should be up to the owner and (b) each material has its pros and
cons.

It's not just a case of wooden sash windows. Planning departments will
also control the height of the fence in front of your house and
whether you are allowed to put dormer windows on the roof at the front
of the house. Thank God they do control the extravagances of some
people in the interests of the whole community. For the record, I am
in the process of replacing the ghastly and malfunctioning plastic
windows in my Victorian house on the the side of Victoria Park here in
Tower Hamlets with wooden ones, using the examples that I can still
see around me.

Maris