Posted to alt.home.repair
JerseyMike JerseyMike is offline

Default downspout flooding

"Eigenvector" wrote in message

"Bob" wrote in message
m...
due to heavy rains lately in Pacific Northwest I notice for first time
that the junction between one of my downspouts and the 4 inch PVC pipe
that drains the rainwater away spouts water onto my lawn - it looks like

natural spring!! The other downspout-4inch pvc pipes around the home
function perfectly well.

I suspect the underground pipe is clogged and am tempted to rent a hand
driven snake to unclog. Appreciate any thoughts anyone with similar
experience may have had.
thx
bob

Might be clogged with Douglas Fir needles at the junction. I know when I
finally cleaned my problem gutter the downspout pipe looked like it had
taken a crap. I had to manually remove a huge ball of needles from the

exit
before flow continued.

a root system could have invaded a break in the underground line.
keep an eye on the stuff that gets cleaned out to see what the blockage was
made up of. try and mark where the hose gets stopped, by either markinmg
the hose and measuring the it out after the hose gets pulled or marking the
hose and laying the hose out on the surface covering the area of the run.
if you have to dig this should hopefullu get you in the ballpark.